I see clients for a minimum of 4 sessions (with a week in between). This is to make sure that you learn how to integrate the skills and techniques that will bring you lasting change. I choose to offer a multi-faceted and integrally focused approach that ensures that my clients have the best chance of achieving their desired outcomes.
- Understand that hypnotherapy is a collaborative process and you should be ready to work with me to produce the changes you want in your life.
- Be open to ¨try on¨ new perspectives, perceptions and concepts to produce the positive changes you deserve.
- -Be ready to let go of ideas and beliefs that do not serve you.
- Make time to practice the simple skills I teach you and be committed to learning and applying the strategies, mindsets, and techniques that will make you self-empowered, so that you will not need to rely on a therapist in the future.
- Be prepared to believe that therapy can be fast, effective and even (*gasp*) fun for you.
In order to get the results you want, you will need to participate in your therapy
. As a hypnotherapist, I am simply a guide, committed to helping you get there by giving you the best map possible and guiding you through the terrain. But ultimately it is you who will have to walk it. This means that you will have to complete homework tasks
outside of our sessions that will help you get the best results from the hypnosis.
We will agree on these together and rest assured; you will never be asked to do anything that you don’t want to. All tasks will be relevant to your treatment and may include:
- Practicing self-hypnosis or relaxation.
- Listening to special self-hypnosis recordings to reinforce your positive gains.
- Practicing mindfulness meditation techniques.
- Journaling (taking note of specific changes or occurrences in your day).
- Doing behavior ¨experiments¨ designed to take you out of your comfort zone